Contact me today for a FREE consultation appointment
Jeff’s CrossFit Journey started in 2009 whilst being introduced to it through a course of New Zealand’s fittest Male Les Mills Personal trainers.
A course that defined a new Fittest mission statement for him, using Functional training for overall health and well-being. Working at Les Mills Dunedin Since 2004, Jeff has always enjoyed training a wide range of his client’s and their goals. From general goals of losing weight and being fitter to working with some elite level athletes in New Zealand. Shortly after becoming L1 Certified in CrossFit, Jeff created and opened CrossFit Uncut Dunedin in Jan 2013, shortly after the birth of his first Child Isla.
Jeff has always been a competitive athlete across many different sports. Whilst not Managing and Coaching at CFU, you will find him training for his fitness passions, Studying for some Course, spending time with his Family (Becks, Isla and Bodee + the animals) or working on some DIY project.
Jeff’s favourite movements are deadlifts and muscle ups. His least favourite movements are Snatches and Rowing. Favourite workouts are long sweat ups.
My Coaching Profile
- Worked in the fitness industry for over 15 years
- Graduate Diploma in Physical conditioning (Level 7) with Merit
- Masters in Applied Science (Level 9) – in progress (2019)
- Sport Performance Certified – (2002)
- Personal training and Small group training Certified – (2004)
- CrossFit Level 1 – (2012), CrossFit Level 2 – (2014), CrossFit Level 3 – In progress (2019)
- CrossFit Judge’s Course – (2014-17), CrossFit Scaling Course – (2017)
- Club Weightlifting / Sports Power Coach Level 1 (From the Australian weightlifting Federation)
- Qualified Olympic lifting referee
- Comprehensive First Aid Certified (2019)
My Athlete Profile
- Competed in top level sports for over 15 years, including Track & field, road and Cross-country running, Rugby, Olympic lifting, Powerlifting and CrossFit
- Rugby Age group Otago rep – 1995-97
- National level athlete in Athletics, Cross country, distance road running – 1997-2005
- National level athlete in Track and field from 400m to 1500m, including the 3000m and 4×100 and 4x400m relay, winning national medals – 1996-2010
- Started CrossFit as a primary sport in – 2011
- Started Olympic lifting as a second sport in – 2014
- Started Powerlifting as a third sport in – 2017
- 2nd 2016 South Island Olympic championship
- 1st 2017 South Island Olympic championship
- 2nd 2017 South Island Powerlifting championship
- 2nd 2018 South Island Olympic championship
- Pound 4 pound national CrossFit champion 2014
- Gore Gauntlet CrossFit champion 2016